I understand that the data received from the Alaska Satellite Facility can be used only under the following terms and conditions:
- The data are for my use for bona fide research purposes only. No commercial use is allowed of the data or any products derived there from.
- The data will not be reproduced or distributed to any other parties, except that they may be shared among named members of my research team (co-investigators) and with other researchers who have signed a similar research agreement. I will be responsible for compliance with this condition for the data I obtain from ASF. Furthermore, I am responsible for compliance with these agreement terms by members of my research team with whom I share these data.
- I will submit for publication in the open scientific literature results of research accomplished with the requested data, including derived data sets, and the algorithms and models used. Application demonstrations are not required to supply algorithms or models.
- I agree to provide, if requested, a copy of such results including derived data sets, algorithms, models, and documentation, to the ASF for archive and distribution. Application demonstrations are not required to supply algorithms or models.
- I agree to pay the marginal cost to ASF of filling my specific requests including reproducing and delivering the data.
- I also understand that a product that involved ASF data in its production can only be freely distributed by me if it is in such a form that the original backscatter values cannot be derived from it.
I understand that if these conditions are violated NASA may take appropriate action, including the following:
NASA Investigators: Termination of the research agreement, and potential loss of funding support by NASA. Subsequent access would be under terms for commercial use, as outlined by the respective flight agency.
Other Users: Termination of the research agreement, and notification by NASA to the investigator’s sponsoring agency and to the relevant space agency of the violation. Subsequent access would be under terms for commercial use, as outlined by the respective flight agency.
Special Conditions for ERS Data :
I acknowledge and agree to respect the full title and ownership by the European Space Agency of all ERS-1 and -2 data. I agree to clearly mark all ERS-1 and -2 data, irrespective of the form in which it is reproduced, in such a way that the European Space Agency’s copyright is plain to all, as follows:
“© ESA (year of reception).”
Special Conditions for RADARSAT-1 Data :
I understand that the intellectual property rights of RADARSAT-1 data are reserved solely for the Canadian Space Agency (CSA), and I am entitled only to the right to utilize the data. I agree to clearly mark all RADARSAT-1 data, irrespective of the form in which it is reproduced, in such a way that the CSA copyright is plain to all, as follows:
“© Canadian Space Agency (year of reception).”
Reports or publications describing RADARSAT-1 experiments which are copyrighted must provide royalty-free rights for NASA, NOAA, CSA, and RADARSAT International (RSI) to reproduce or use such work for their own purposes.