JERS-1 Data Access Request
A Restricted Data Use Agreement is required for JERS-1 data only.
All other ASF datasets are open access and can be freely downloaded. They do not require this form!
ASF DAAC Restricted Data Use Agreement
I understand that the JERS-1 data received from ASF can be used only under the following terms and conditions:
- I currently reside within the United States.
- The data are for my use for research purposes only. No commercial use is allowed of the data or derived products.
- The data will not be reproduced or distributed to any other parties, except that they may be shared among named members of my research team (co-investigators) and with other researchers who have signed a similar Restricted Data Access Agreement. I will be responsible for compliance with this condition for the data I obtain from ASF. Furthermore, I am responsible for compliance to these agreement terms by members of my research team with whom I share these data.
- I will submit for publication in the open scientific literature results of research accomplished with the requested data, including derived data sets, and the algorithms and models used. Application demonstrations are not required to supply algorithms or models.
- I agree to provide, if requested, a copy of such results including derived data sets, algorithms, models, and documentation, to the ASF for archive and distribution. Application demonstrations are not required to supply algorithms or models.
- I also understand that a product that involved ASF data in its production can only be freely distributed by me if it is in such a form that the original backscatter values cannot be derived from it.
I understand that if these conditions are violated NASA may take appropriate action, including the following:
- NASA Investigators: Termination of the Restricted Data Use Agreement and potential loss of funding support by NASA. Subsequent access would be under terms for commercial use, as outlined by the respective flight agency.
- Other Users: Termination of the Restricted Data Use Agreement and notification by NASA to the investigator’s sponsoring agency and to the relevant space agency of the violation. Subsequent access would be under terms for commercial use, as outlined by the respective flight agency.