The Windows package contains just a single file, the installer. To install, download the desired Windows version using the links above, open the downloaded file (double-clicking on it will open it), and run the installer program contained within. If running Windows 7, you will need to install the package as administrator: right-click the installer and select the Run as Administrator option.
After installation, the MapReady software is contained in a start-menu group called ASF Tools, which contains the following:
- ASF MapReady: the main software program (formerly known as “Convert)
- ASF MapReady Manual: an extensive PDF document that describes all of the installed programs and contains examples of their use
- ASF View: a viewer application capable of displaying a variety of SAR data formats, including CEOS, GeoTIFF, ASF Internal Format files
- CEOS Metadata Viewer reads the CEOS leader file which contains the metadata associated with the binary data and has both binary and ASCII components
- Projection Coordinate Converter: a utility for converting coordinate values from one map projection to another
By default, the installer also creates desktop icons for MapReady and ASF View.